For one of our clients, an scale-up who is a climate technology company that is committed to reducing the impact of climate change by removing carbon from the atmosphere, we are currently looking for a Engineer, Projects & Technical Purchaser. This international company is upgrading organic waste streams into valuable raw materials and products for sustainable use.
The client is a global company producing carbon neutral products, be part of the team that changes today for a better tomorrow. The client wish to strengthen and develop the procurement resource with the Technology R&D team in Amsterdam, fort he selection of supplies and for execution of contracts.
The Key Objectives:
- Generate an understanding of the PN torrefaction technology and the other items within the PN projects portfolio
- Understand the product requirements and the detailed product specifications
- Understand the financial requirements of our projects
- Using above understanding, carry out all purchasing related work for the project
- Support existing procurement relationships
- Identify and select suppliers capable of following an aggressive rollout of technology, with appropriate technical, commercial and financial competencies and able to work with PN as characterized as a scale up company
- Ability to switch smoothly between procurement strategy including risk reduction and also engaging in the functional purchase activities
- Generate Vendor Pre-Qualification Criteria and operate within this system
- Support evolution of tendering and procurement processes
- Quality Assurance Supplier Audit
- Identify possible supply risks and escalate these timely.
- Carry out tendering and procurement processes
- Negotiate buyer conditions (there will be an element of use of standard/general conditions of contract and also generating bespoke purchase orders)
- Manage and support internal procurement protocols
- Prepare Purchase Orders and Variation Orders.
- Expedite supplier production status
- Responsibility for managing risks associated with bribery and corruption and support external audit
- Generate competency in regional practices and statutory procurement regulations in project and purchasing locations such as the Netherlands, UK, Estonia and other geographies as required
- Manage communication with suppliers in all aspects (including quality related items).
- Report pro-actively to the Project Team and also the Customer and Sales Support team progress as well as risks and issues.
- Gather information on quality of suppliers from within the team and use this to improve performance.
- Willingness to travel internationally required for supplier selection, contract negotiation, supplier expediting and quality audit
- You have working understanding of purchasing and procurement contracts and practice within the field of heavy complex or process machinery
- You have experience in complex mechanical/electrical engineering project procurement practices
- You have functional competency in procurement contract law
- You are highly energetic and self-propelling professional. Proven track record as buyer/purchaser.
- You are thorough understanding Incoterms and the impacts of Brexit.
- You are thorough understanding of and experience with Project Management methods and Risk Management.
- You fit in a scale-up working environment with strong hands on mentality.
- You eliminates waste and spends every shareholders Euro consciously.
- You show respect towards colleagues and business partners at all times.
- You focus on progressing the practical initiation and management of contracts, mitigating risk to the business and who can operate within a team that values team cooperation most highly.
- You are able to work under own initiative, reporting to the Management Team. As the technology is new and the business is dynamic, the successful candidate should be flexible and open to operating within a changing environment, the individual will need tenacity.
- You should be effective at communicating verbally, by email, and in technical and commercial reports.
- Experience in procurement of process mechanical and electrical equipment
- QA audit Qualification (in the EU)
- A degree in mechanical Engineer, process engineer or similar
- You are Fluent in English in worth and writing, Dutch is a pre.
- Are you open to travel
- The highest standards of integrity to manage the projects procurement and purchasing process, and its administration.
- Fulltime position, an opportunity to contribute to reducing climate change;
- A marker conform salary between 60k & 90k a year;
- Attractive pension scheme;
- Good secondary employment condition.