For our client, an international orientated company located at Schiphol, are we seeking a Group Consolidation Accountant, who will work closely together with the other Finance and Business functions. Our client prefers a candidate who speaks a native level of English.
The Group Consolidation Accountant will be responsible for the periodical consolidation of the Group’s branches and subsidiaries, analysis, and reporting for managerial and statutory purposes. The role involves maintenance and development of the Group’s consolidation system (Oracle HFM), along with ensuring that the system is documented and works efficiently in meeting the Group’s financial information needs. Working closely with the finance and business functions, you will be a key member supporting the improvement of efficiencies in the consolidation and reporting process to the headquarters in Japan.
- Perform the monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidations and compile the required reporting packages under group accounting standards based on IFRS;
- Monthly analysis of the results and preparation of fixed and ad-hoc reports and presentations thereof;
- Administration and development of HFM (Metadata, HTM mappings, data forms, rules, and reports);
- Setup of standard reports and dashboards in Smartview along with analysis reports also in Smartview;
- Work closely with finance and business stakeholders to determine the system’s needs;
- Maintain and develop end-user documentation;
- Assistance in the preparation and validation of the planning processes (Budget, Mid-Term-Plan, etc) in Cognos TM1;
- Ensuring proper financial control over financial reporting is in place in accordance with J-SOX and the company’s financial and accounting policies.
A motivated and inspirational colleague, happy to support the business and truly devoted to customer success. You are a humble team player, who is willing to learn and is not afraid to face challenges. Quality and professionalism lie close to your heart.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor Degree + professional qualification;
- Experience of 3 to 5 years in a similar position;
- Excellent communication skills;
- High-stress tolerance and experience in working in an international team is essential;
- Advanced technical skills in Excel, VBA, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM);
- Familiar with IFRS and willing to expand knowledge in technical accounting;
- Strong English business language skills.
Other than a competitive salary, we offer you a 13th-month payment, commuting allowance, 28 holidays a year, and the opportunity to earn a bonus. You will work in an international environment in which you can learn and develop. Your first contract will be a temporary contract, but with the intention to extend or offer an indefinite contract.